Location: 120 Laisley Ct, Punta Gorda, Florida 33950 US
Status: Hosting groups up to 6. Complete refit nearly complete including water-to-flybridge transom elevator and solar powered air conditioning!
Possibilities is about making the seemingly impossible possible with a focus on fully inclusive participation. Participants are expected to contribute their talents to the best of their abilities. Everyone can take the helm even the most physically limited with head movement only! Galley, head, berths are all wheelchair friendly.
Updates and conversions begun in June 2018 are expected to be completed in summer 2021. She has been outfit with custom accessible hand controls, ceiling lift, wheelchair accessible galley and head, transom elevator with safe access from all fixed and floating docks, below water level for adaptive snorkeling and scuba, to the massive flybridge. She well be demonstrating solar powered air conditioning, generally thought impossible and capable of maintaining comfortable cabin temperatures for those unable to regulate body temperature while on anchor or acting as a base for adaptive scuba and snorkeling.
We provide a concrete, un-refutable example, if someone with significant disabilities can live on a boat and circumnavigate the eastern continental United States and Canada why can they not live in their own home in the community. On deeper and broader level we are working to expand public awareness to the social, community, and fiscal benefits of home care as an alternative to nursing home institutionalization!
Give Perspective. Change a Life. Create Possibility out of Darkness.
Help Fund Raise
Apply for Scholarship
Come aboard as participant crew. Experience what you help make possible! Help with shared costs.
Suggested Donation for shared Program Costs per Participant:
- $125+ = Dockside Overnight (2-6 persons) [Qty = # nights * # persons]
- $100+ = 4 Hours (6-15 persons)
- $160+ = 8 Hours (6-15 persons)
- $350+ = 2 Day Overnight Experience (4-6 persons)
- $800+ = 3 Day Weekend Experience (4-6 persons)
- $1900+ = One Week Experience (4-6 persons)
- $3500+ = Two Week Experience (4-6 persons)
- $7000+ = One Month Experience (4-6 persons)
Related Spin-off Technologies and Projects
- Inclusive Travel World Map
- Aluminum Transom Elevator by Sponsor Bill Golden Boat Lifts
- Aluminum Solar Panel Integrated Hardtop - Rigid 500 Watt Bifacial Panels. Can be assembled, disassembled, and shipped. DIY friendly.
- Solar-charged 48v DC 280 aH 15 kWh 16S Lifepo4 Marine-Grade Batteries
- Solar-powered 48v DC Off-Grid 32 SEER Air Conditioning & Heat
- Inclusive Kitchen / Galley - Affordable Wheelchair-Friendly Home Modifications. DIY friendly
- Inclusive Bathroom / Head - Affordable Wheelchair-Friendly Home Modification. DIY friendly
- Cantilever Wheelchair Lift - space-saving Ramp Replacement for 1-3 interior or exterior steps, portable, affordable simplicity, low-maintenance lightweight aluminum, DIY friendly, no structural modifications and steps remain functional for those who walk
- Vertical Wheelchair Lift - ultra-compact, affordable simplicity, interior or exterior, DIY friendly. By combining with safe, High-Incline Alternating Fixed Stairway or Standard Incline Folding Stairway both can fit in the space of an existing stairway and add significant architectural appeal. Perfect for Marine, RVs, and Tiny Homes
Populations this Project Serves
Wounded Veterans and 1st Responders. People with disabilities, Terminally ill people
- Designer and Project Lead: Mark E Felling
- Volunteers: Learn about Opportunities
- Sponsors: Learn about Sponsorship levels