Our Mission - Old Copy
Mission: To create strong inclusive communities where every member's talents are valued, and all are encouraged through policy and action to contribute their talents to the best of their abilities.
Together we Make the Impossible Possible through Inspiration, Motivation, Education, & Public Awareness with 3 Strategic Areas of Focus:
|Keeps people at home, engaged in their community by providing home modification design, accessible personal transportation, small business self-employment training with telework assessment.
|Bridges the murky waters of bureaucracy, insurance, and funding connecting those who need assistive technology solutions to experts, often themselves disabled, who intimately understand their needs.
Creates opportunities for life-changing experiences that stimulate a fundamental shift in perspective from programmed, vulnerable dependency to confident, capable self-determination.
We believe in the power of will and perspective.
When communities Value each Person's Contributions, We ALL Gain:
We believe every person has an equal right to Life, Liberty, and The Pursuit of Happiness.
We believe "The Pursuit of Happiness" implies every person should have Equal Opportunity under the Law and through Policy to participate in society including economic self-improvement regardless of sex, religion, skin color, political affiliation, impairment, ability, or disability. ** The Disabled know better than most the truth that Life is Not Fair, but the law must strive to be. **
We believe Institutionalization revokes the right to Life and Liberty
No one should live under the constant threat of institutional incarceration for no reason other than mobility impairment. To disregard the talents, insights, experience of family, friends, and neighbors simply because they have difficulty walking or using their hands is to devalue them. To remove them from society, is to disregard their humanity or dehumanize them.
Devaluation of the mobility impaired through policy and action is to say that physical labors have greater value than intellectual labors.
- Inclusively, regardless of impairment, ANY person who feels devalued by their community is effectively stripped of their dignity and humanity, effectively killing them emotionally, and often slowly physically.
- If you have nothing to look forward to, or feel enthusiastic about, than why try? There is little remaining but to wait for the inevitable death by self neglect that frequently follows. Neglect in any form leads to higher healthcare costs. A person who is actively engaged in their community has far less healthcare costs.
- Nursing Homes are little more than warehouses to keep the physically or mentally impaired out of sight and out of mind. Most agree that nursing homes do not work. Any large corporate facility will never feel like or be "home". (Making the name an oxymoron)
- Existence IS NOT Living ... Living is much more than breathing and a heartbeat.
- Institutionalization effectively strips that person of their right to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness - that which we most fundamentally hold dear as AMERICANS.
We advocate for inclusion with the combined voice of member organizations and individuals. Add your Voice.
Life = Equal Under the Law
- Removal of ridiculous restrictions on economic self-improvement
- Simple Taxation = Fair Taxation
- Need amendment that no law may identify any person or group by race, creed, sex, age, economic status, geography, affiliation, party nor any other categorization.
Liberty = Freedom to choose where one lives = Community Integration - assessments, life coaching, & community integration project implementation management.
- Hold State and Federal Governments Accountable to Full Implementation of the Supreme Court Olmstead Decision from 15 years ago that says funds that would be available for someone to be in an institution need to be made available for that person to reside and participate fully within their community.
Pursuit of Happiness - Employment, Education, Family, Relationships, Recreation, & Travel
- Change perspective from vulnerable dependency to confident self-determination.
- Inspire, Motivate, and Educate. Freedom to love and be loved by whomever we choose.
- Community engagement, NOT isolation
- Freedom to love and be loved by whomever we choose.
When You Find Yourself Physically Impaired, Which Will You Choose?
We are all only temporarily able-bodied. You will grow old. Unless a car accident, unexpected diagnosis, or a wood-tick get you first.
Someone in your family has likely already experienced one of the following. Ask them how they feel about this comparison.
Institutional Incarceration for Mobility Impairment
Criminal Incarceration with a Mobility Impairment