The Dragonfly™ is an efficient arm-powered bicycle that attaches to your wheelchair, perfect around town. When you feel the need for speed, and pushrims just won't cut it. Reduce the strain on your shoulders when climbing hills and get a great workout at the same time.
The Dragonfly™ is an innovative attachable handcycle that converts almost any wheelchair into a speed machine. Climb hills, pass joggers and maneuver on sidewalks with ease. The Dragonfly™ brings you power & speed in a compact package.
Ergonomic hand cranks fit a wide range of riders and are sealed to last. Built-in coaster brake lets you control your speed without removing your hands from the handle - just pedal backwards! The secondary brake lever has a parking feature that keeps your chair in place. The Shimano Rapid Fire shifter with ergonomic handle lets you change gears on the fly with minimal dexterity required.
The Dragonfly™ is easily adjusted to customize the fit for each rider. After you optimize the handle placement, shoulder strain melts away and zipping around town is a joy. Run errands or visit friends on a whim. Great for both kids and adults. Have fun!
Patented "Quick Dock" mounting system securely attaches the Dragonfly™ to your chair and removal is a snap too! Lightweight and easy to put on and take off, choose between using your wheelchair alone or with your handcycle, on the fly!
The Shimano 8-speed hub lets you tackle even the most intimidating hills, cruise past the joggers in your neighborhood, or safely control your speed while coasting downhill. With the Dragonfly™, you have the freedom to go anywhere.
- Back by popular demand the Shimano™ Nexus 8 speed IGH (Internal Gear Hub.)
- With back-pedal coaster brakes (no cables in the handles.)
- The Dragonfly turns your wheelchair into a handcycle. It’s a bicycle for your hands!
- Attaches to most wheelchairs. Download our chair fit guide here.
- There is an installation process that typically takes around 30 minutes to an hour, you can DIY by checking out our video here.
- After the installation process is completed once, the device latches on and off your wheelchair in seconds.
- 8 speeds help you tackle all roads.
- Includes both coaster brakes and an auxiliary parking V-brake.
- Frame and handles remove easily for transportation in car, plane, or for storage.
- Build physical strength while propelling your own wheelchair to places you’ve never thought possible.
- Shimano™ Nexus 8 speed IGH
- 33T chainring
- 18T lower cog
- Index twist shifter (w/ upgraded push lever)
- Tire: 12.5″ X 1.5″ (40-203)
- Shimano™ Nexus coaster brake
- Promax V-brake (w/ locking lever)
- Frame Aluminum 6061-T6
- Water bottle w/ mount and strap
- Attachment Frame Weight: 6 lbs / 2.6 kg
- Drive Unit Weight: 17 lbs / 7.75 kg
- Total Weight: 23 lbs / 10.5 kg
- Maximum Weight: 280 lbs / 127 kg (combined)
- Shipping Dimensions: 41” x 11” x 14” / 104cm x 30cm x 35.5cm
- Shipping Weight: 30 lbs / 13.75 kg