Fedex Online Claim Filing Instructions for Damage and Loss
Online Claim Filing Instructions for Damage and Loss
In order to file your claim, you need to know your tracking number and ship date.
- Enter tracking number and ship date
- Specify your claim type: damage or loss
- Complete the online claims form
- Verify information entered and submit the claim form
- Print 2 copies of the final confirmation page. Keep one copy for your own reference.
- Gather the following documentation (if required):
- Photocopy of FedEx Airbill/FedEx Ship Manager printout and/or FedEx Ground Pick-up Record
- All documentation related to the proof of value (e.g., copy of original invoice from vendor/supplier, copy of retail invoice/receipt, final confirmation screen if online order with proof of payment, itemized repair invoice or statement of non-repair, appraisals, expense statement, or any other applicable documentation)
- Serial number(s) of merchandise, if applicable
- Submit your supporting documents using one of the following options:
- Option 1: Attach your supporting documents online. (This option is available when you file your claim online.)
- Option 2: Fax or mail one of the printed confirmation pages (from step 3) with your supporting documentation to:
Cargo Claims Dept.
P.O. Box 256
Pittsburgh, PA 15230
If you fax your claims, you will receive a confirmation by return fax.
Call customer service at 1.800.GoFedEx (1.800.463.3339) to schedule an inspection if instructed to do so.