Our Volunteers are the lifeblood that makes everything a reality.
We recognize volunteer contributions equal to any donor or sponsor!*
Volunteer Opportunities are posted on the following sites:
Help from Home - Cruise Later
- Membership Program Coordinator
- Port Ambassador - are you well connected in your local community? Organize local events.
- Help Fundraise - peer to peer or within your company
- Grants Coordinator and Grant Writing
- Video Editor / Youtube Channel Manager
- Facebook Community Manager
- Patreon Community Manager
- National Alliances Coordinator - Develop relationships with Organizations that agree with our mission and advocacy
- Vetted by our director and captain
- 18 years of age to participate independently (exceptions permitted)
- In an emergency, you must be able to float while wearing a life jacket. This may limit participation by individuals on a ventilator to only being onboard when in port (with exceptions).
- Be willing to take orders without argument given by the Captain, First Mate, or Directors and execute to the best of your ability, and explain if unable
- Participate in safety drills and help others to the best of your ability in any emergency
- Perform assigned tasks with a positive, can-do attitude
- Communicate appropriately, and treat all with dignity and courtesy.
- Be positive, willing to learn, and help to the best of your abilities
- Be responsible for own actions and behavior
- Romantic relationships are strongly discouraged with other crew members
- Assist with meal preparation and cleanup. Ability to cook is not required, but you must be willing to try, learn, and help
- Assist with keeping the vessel neat, clean, and tidy. Everything must be put back in its place.
- Ask when not sure about how something works or if any procedure is unclear
- Never be under the influence of alcohol or any drug or substance during vessel operations or activities, nor abuse in excess to be a safety hazard to yourself or others
- Must be willing to making a difference and have positive impact by sharing your experiences, how you grew, or how your perspectives were impacted.
- Must sign crew agreement and the membership participation waiver.
- Must complete an information, medical, and emergency contacts form.
- Must have medical / health insurance for duration of participation.
- Must submit personal information for background check if requested.
- Must have transportation to and from Possibilities at the start and end of participation.
- Share all of the photos and videos you take during the experience to use for storytelling, promotion and other mission-related purposes.
- Participate in a final crew photo and group video interview recalling highlights of your experience that will be shared with all crew members and donors or sponsors.
- Complete this personal post-participation survey within 1 month while the experience is fresh in your mind to help us improve. We are happy to sign any participation or community service forms.
* Volunteer contributions are recognized and acknowledged at a conservative Fair Market Value. US IRS regulations do not allow tax deductibility of volunteer labor. Professional services provided by an established provider may be tax deductible. Consult your acciountant.