Trade-in your out-of-warranty equipment manufactured by Broadened Horizons Inc. for a double-discount on a New or Refurbished replacement of the same product (same SKU).
- if your item is under warranty, contact us for repair or replacement.
- available to end-user's of assistive technologies
Benefits of Trade-In Program
- Save ~60% to 100% on cost of Replacement (Approximated), often less than total cost of a repair.
- 20% Instant Discount + 20% of Original Purchase Price Coupon + 20%-40% discount on Refurbished Item (optional, if available) + avoided Cost of Repair (typically $95-$450)
- Prompt Receipt of Replacement - Eliminates weeks without use of your equipment while waiting for repairs.
- Full Warranty on New Replacement
- All this because Broadened Horizons can more efficiently refurbish traded-in equipment in batches.
- Trade-Ins will be offered as discounted refubished replacements, or provided to Experience Centers at discount, or donated to a need-based program.
- Items under warranty will be repaired, refurbished, or replaced*. Customer Service issues an Under Warranty RMA.
- Trade-In program is Available if item is Out of Warranty. Repair is not available on out of warranty items**.
- Trade-in MUST be for same SKU or newer, upgraded version: a similar SKU within the same product family.
- Trade-In not available if item is not repairable or is wear component. Example: a broken mount bracket would require purchase of a new component since not repairable.
- Provide Proof of Purchase: for the item(s) you are wanting to trade-in.
- Copy of Invoice or Order Confirmation / Receipt
- Invoice # or Order Confirmation # - we will attempt to look up and identify from our records (limited if older than 2.5 years)
- If you received items from a Third-Party Payer, such as the Veterans Administration, contact them to request a copy of invoice for your equipment, or minimally Broadened Horizons order # or invoice #
- Minimally information about Third-Party Payer if you received items as a gift or from another organization on your behalf. We will research, often successfully but not always.
- Receive 20% Coupon Code, or Instant Discount on phone orders, with he, Trade-In is restricted to exact same or replacement SKU.
- Upon confirming previous purchase of the SKU via Proof of Purchase, customer service will email a coupon code for 20% of purchase price of (and restricted to) exact same or replacement SKU so customer can purchase new, fully warranted replacement immediately, or a refurbished unit if available. New replacement equipment can be paid for by Credit Card, PayPal, Check or Money Order and will ship immediately without delay.
- Refurbished Items: If a refurbished version of an item is available, it will be listed on that item's product page. Refurbished items are discounted 20%-50% less than new.
- Receive RMA for Return of Trade-In: Customer Service will email a Return of Materials Authorization (RMA) for Trading-In of Non-Functioning unit with instructions and where to ship.
- Customer covers cost of shipping to return traded-in item. Please write RMA Ticket # on the exterior of box. Ideally include a printed copy of RMA inside package.
- Customer should include any power supply, adapter, accessories, user manual, or packaging associated with your Traded-in item. We are not concerned about user manuals or packaging, but if a key component is missing, that is required to utilize the equipment when repaired, we reserve the right to refuse the trade-in.
- Received Coupon Code worth 20% of original Purchase Price of Traded-In Item. Customer can redeem on ANYTHING at Broadened.org or gift to a friend.
- Upon accepting your Trade-In equipment, customer service will email customer a coupon code good for 20% off ANY item in your next purchase from our extensive web catalog.
- Footnotes -