Joystick Handles for UA3 or Power Wheelchairs
Today's date: Feb 23, 2024
for the Disabled
Quoted in Cart
The Ergonomic U-shaped Joystick Handle for use with Ultimate Arcade keeps your hand from slipping while playing! The U-Shaped Joystick Handle is form-fitting and ergonomic due to its curved shape and waterfall edge. This design provides maximum driving control while remaining comfortable.
The handle is available in 3" (76mm) wide and 4" (101mm) wide to accommodate user's hand size.
The Joystick Handle is designed with a flexible shaft that will fit tightly on any 3/16” (5 mm) or 1/4” (6mm) diameter steel joystick stem 1" or longer (hole is 2" (51mm) deep).
The difference is in the details: Vertical wings prevent hands from slipping and can be re-shaped using hot water to better conform to the user's hand. Attachment to the joystick box can be temporary by pressing it on or the handle can be made permanent.
Our Joystick Handles with flexible shafts will, by design, slide off of the steel joystick stem if subjected to undue pulling. The U-shaped Joystick Handle design also allows rotation on its shaft. These design features are meant to prevent damage to the joystick box. Altering the product to circumvent these features is not recommended.
Grasp the bottom of your current joystick with pliers and twist the knob of the joystick with your hands. There is currently glue holding the joystick knob on, so it may take some strength to break the glue seal.
1. Clean the steel joystick stem to remove any dirt or oil.
2. Moisten the steel joystick stem to facilitate mounting the handle.
3. Grasp the steel joystick stem near the base with pliers to keep from pushing it into the sensitive electrical components of the joystick box.
4. Press the Joystick Handle onto the steel joystick shaft with a twisting motion.
5. To permanently affix the joystick handle wipe the inside of the hole with a Qtip soaked in strong-hold hairspray or apply 2-3 drops of super glue to the joystick mounting hole before installation.
Wide Rubber Dome Joystick Handle
The Rubber Dome Joystick Handle is designed specifically for users with weak hands. As our shortest joystick handle, its 2-5/8” wide, (66mm) diameter and 1“ (25mm) low profile matches the shape of the palm, keeping the wrist neutral and making it easier to control the fingers.
- Provides maximum control to users with weak hands
- Small ribs on dome reduce sweat buildup and increase friction to keep hands from slipping off with involuntary movement
- Attachment to the joystick box can be temporary by pressing it on or the handle can be made permanent. Find out how.
- We ship to all locations within the United States and internationally.
- In-stock orders are typically processed and shipped within 1-2 business days.
- Shipping rates will vary based on the size and weight of the item(s) and the destination.
- Expedited shipping options are available for an additional cost.
By showcasing products that are frequently purchased together or based on a customer's browsing and purchase history,
it can help drive additional sales and increase order values.
Add on optional description to this section